- This years VBS is Called... FOCUS 2020. It will be a blend of what we love about VBS with a new virtual experience!
- FOCUS VBS can be done At-Your-Own-Pace, and will be available on our website from July 5-Aug 8.
- Register today to help us in our planning! then watch our website for upcoming directions on WHEN and HOW to pick up your Take Home VBS KIt!
- another new twist is that there will be a sermon each week that goes with the week’s theme!
- Parents will be learning the same themes, just on their own level, in Church!
- Get ready to catch the vision for FOCUS VBS!
VBS July 5th - August 8th
Our Savior Lutheran Church offers Camperships to families who attend Camp Luther Schuyler NE. Camp Luther has transformed from a youth summer ministry to a family get away! Ready to get out of the house after months of isolation? Looking to create Christ-Centered memories? Need a safe place your kids can run and play? Camp Luther has the facilities, staff, activities, and program to make this a summer to remember. Five cabins set up for families, three camping sites, and day passes are available. As a family you can enjoy hiking, archery, canoeing, swimming, crafts, Bible studies, campfires and more!
- Visit Camp Luther firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Contact Trish Weander at email@example.com for information about financial assistants.
XOS Sunday School Lessons
Xplore Our Savior Sunday School offers events for two year olds and their parents through grade six.
XOS begins the weekend after Labor Day and continues through the middle of May
Directed by Children's Ministry Director and volunteers.
Two year olds and their parents meet every Sunday. This class allows parents and their children to make new friends and learn about God’s love. The philosophy of this class comes from Proverbs 22:6 “Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” If children at the age of two are cognitively learning; we can certainly begin training them up in the Lord.
Children who are ages 3, 4, or in Kindergarten are grouped accordingly while in small group. They come together for two large group presentations. The content will be very Jesus centered. The children will be challenged to take their faith into everyday applications. The lessons use active learning methods utilizing multiple senses.
These four grades will be on the same Bible lesson; but will meet in small groups with their same grade level. They come together for one large group presentation, and in small groups, guides discuss the application points of the day’s lesson while applying it through hands-on application experiences.
These ages will be on the same lesson but will meet in small groups. They come together for one large group presentation that creatively presents the Bible event. This class is Jesus-centered, includes learning with fun, builds on relationships, and as scripture is taught, it is applied to the child’s life. Memory work is encouraged.
Required: Prior to an event you will NEED 3 items turned in to the office
to participate, due to planning purposes: 1) Permission form filled out for this
event 2) Front
and back of the medical form filled out 3) A copy of the front and back of your
health insurance card. These forms can
be found in the church office, or at oursav.org on the children’s ministry drop
down. Call Colleen in the church office
to check that your medical form and health insurance cards are current and on
file. This will help me know how to plan for this event. I will also need parents or adult church
members to help during this event. Thank
you! -Trish REGISTER HERE